Night Guards & Mouth Guards
Life can be very stressful! There seems to be an epidemic of people who are clenching and grinding their teeth at night and during the day. The symptoms you may experience are: morning headaches; a sensation of tightness at the sides of your face on wakening; muscle pain , weakness or the need to release muscle tension on wakening. The sound of someone clenching or grinding is very distinctive and annoying to anyone trying to sleep within earshot! Night guards and mouth guards are worn during certain occasions where damage to the teeth is possible. Mouth guards are coverings worn over teeth to protect them against any sport injuries. Custom-fitted mouth protectors are individually designed and made for you.
Bruxism & Teeth Clenching
Bruxism is a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth. If you have bruxism, you may unconsciously clench your teeth together during the day, or clench or grind them at night (sleep bruxism). The forces that can be produced by clenching and grinding can cause teeth to fracture or lead to severe painful muscle spasms and significant tooth wear.
Symptoms of Bruxism
Signs and symptoms of bruxism may include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching, which may be loud enough to awaken your sleep partner.
- Teeth that are flattened, fractured, chipped or loose.
- Worn tooth enamel, exposing deeper layers of your tooth.
- Increased tooth sensitivity.
- Jaw or face pain or soreness.
- Tired or tight jaw muscles.
- Pain that feels like an earache, though it’s actually not a problem with your ear.
- Dull headache originating in the temple when you wake up in the morning.
- Damage from chewing on the inside of your cheek.
In Addition to English we speak Hindi, Urdu, French, and Russian.